Invitation to Participate - 56th Annual Eastern Finance Association Meeting
April 1 - 4, 2020, Boston Sheraton Hotel, Boston, MA USA
The Eastern Finance Association invites you to participate in its 56th Annual Meeting at the Boston Sheraton Hotel in Boston, MA. The conference will begin with a reception the evening of Wednesday, April 1, and will proceed with paper presentations, panels and tutorials from Thursday morning, April 2, through Saturday morning, April 4, 2019.
Submitted papers have been reviewed and authors have been notified regarding acceptance. Authors of accepted papers must register for the conference by January 24th, 2020, to ensure a spot on the program.
EFA 2020 DISTINGUISHED SCHOLAR: Professor Toni Whited, the Dale L. Dykema Professor of Business Administration at the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, will present the keynote address and receive the EFA Distinguished Scholar Award for 2020.
If you plan to attend the meeting, please note the following information, pertaining to registration. Before registering for the meeting, you must be a member of EFA. If you are not currently a member, please go to the following website to join:
To register for the Annual Meeting, please go to the following website:
The registration fees and deadlines are as follows:
• $200 if processed by January 24th (required for accepted papers to be included on the program)
• $250 if processed between January 25th and March 27th
• $300 if processed after March 27th
• Doctoral students can register at a reduced rate of $100. The deadline of January 24th also applies for student-authored accepted papers to be included on the program. Student registrations will be pending until confirmation of student status, and students can expect approval within 48 hours of registration.
Use the following link to reserve your room at the Sheraton Boston at the special EFA meeting rate of $249 per night:
If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact Ed Nelling, Executive Director of the EFA, at email@example.com. Any questions regarding the conference program should be directed to David Cicero, Vice-President Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRACK CHAIRS: We are fortunate to have distinguished academics as the Track Chairs for the 2020 EFA annual meeting. They are as follows:
- Corporate Finance: Joshua Pierce, University of Alabama; Jide Wintoki, University of Kansas
- Institutions and Markets: Joseph R. Mason, Louisiana State University
- Investments: Eric Kelley, University of Tennessee; Xiaoxia Lou, University of Delaware
- International Finance: Tina Yang, Villanova University
- Derivatives: Jason Berkowitz, St. John’s University
We look forward to your participation and welcoming you to Boston in April!
David C. Cicero
2020 VP - Program
Harbert College of Business
FURTHER INFORMATION: For information regarding paper submissions or general questions please send correspondence to email@example.com